Friday, October 14, 2016

Tragic Death of Jim Prentice

I was totally shocked when I heard that former Alberta Premier Jim Prentice was killed in a plane crash last night near Kelowna, B.C

I was a big supporter of Premier Prentice.  I had the opportunity to talk to him on a couple of occasions, and I was impressed with his ability to see a reasonable compromise between groups that seemed otherwise at loggerheads.  I truly believe he would have become one of Alberta's best premiers ever, had he won the last election. 

That loss really hurt Jim and he dropped out of the political fray for a long time.  He was enjoying his private life and his family now he was semi-retired. 

My sincere condolences to his family and many friends both here in Alberta and in Ottawa.

No comments:

Post a Comment