Monday, May 25, 2015

Indy 500 was Great, but.....

I enjoy watching open wheel car racing.  It reminds me of my youth!

I watched the Indianapolis 500 auto race, yesterday.  It was a great race, with plenty of drama, right up to the checkered flag!

One thing that irked me was the number and frequency of the commercials.  I realize that the broadcasters make their money by selling commercial time, but it was getting ridiculous.  I wish there was a way we could pay to watch sports events like Indy without commercials, or "colour commentary" for that matter.  That would be something I'd buy!

And congratulations to Juan Pablo Montoya, who won the 99th running of that race!  His average qualifying time was 224.657 miles per hour which is somewhere around 350+ km/h, even faster than the traffic on the QEII between Calgary and Edmonton!

No comments:

Post a Comment