Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Aggie Days 2015 Starts, with a Huge Crowd!

Spring is here, and so is the Calgary Stampede Aggie Days

We started Aggie Days 2015 with a super day, today.  Over 3000 students along with their teachers, parent supervisors and assistants toured around the BMO Centre at Stampede Park - that's now turned into a barn! 

They saw chickens, horses, ducks, cows, goats, sheep, and a host of other barnyard critters.  They watched cows being milked, sheep being sheered, and a number of other agricultural demonstrations.  We all had a great day!

Tomorrow, Thursday, is the second of a three day educational component.  This weekend signals the two day Aggie Days Family Fun Days. 

Come on down and see which Albertans produce the food you eat.  See you there.

As an Aggie Days volunteer, my duties carry on long after I've returned to Beiseker.  I write up the next days newsletter, which is distributed each morning at Aggie Days.  I didn't finish up until almost 9:00 p.m. - which prevented me from attending the First Annual Volunteer Appreciation Night at the Community Centre. 

I dropped in for a couple of minutes to thank Rec Coordinator Michelle Boyer for organizing the event.  I heard Deputy Mayor, Al Henuset, stepped in to bring greetings from village council and thank the volunteers for their dedication and valuable work they do in making Beiseker one of the best villages in Alberta!   

Well done everyone!  I'm looking forward to next year's appreciation and hoping it doesn't conflict with Aggie Days again.

No comments:

Post a Comment