Thursday, May 8, 2014

A Tale of Two Trails

I am excited about the prospect of two trail systems being created in and around our village! 

The first trail system would follow a route around Beiseker itself, connecting many important parts of the village.  A meeting was held the other evening to discuss the re-organization of the committee to spearhead the project. 

Councillor Dave McKenzie is the Council Liaison for this committee, and I'm looking forward to his report regarding this project.  He'll be reporting during his councillor's report at our next meeting.  If you are interested in becoming a part of this pathways project, call and give your name to the Village Office (403-947-3774) and they'll make sure Dave gets it.

The other project is also pretty awesome!  It involves the creation of a pathway between Beiseker and Irricana along the old CPR right-of-way.  I attended a preliminary meeting the other day and I was most impressed with what I heard. 

This would be a pathway for non-motorized traffic.  There are many question which need to be answered, but we've made a start here, too.  Right now, I'm the Council Liaison on this proposal, so if you're interested in helping here, get me your name in the comments below, or through the Contact Form at right. 

And stay tuned on both of these exciting projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment