Thursday, July 4, 2013

Come Hell or High Water!

That's the new motto of the Calgary Stampede after the devastating floods a couple weeks ago. I've been down to Stampede Park this week, and I was amazed at how much has been cleaned up. Most of the Stampede is up and rarin' to go!

If you're down at Stampede Park over the next 10 days, look for me at the Agrium Ag-tivity in the City tent.  It's a little harder to find this year - it's located behind the Saddledome close to the river. I like to volunteer there as much as I can.  We're doing the same kind of things but in a new location, and we're showing Stampede visitors how Alberta farmers and ranchers feed them!

Another event fast approaching is the Airdrie Regional Air Show to be held July 13th and 14th at the Airdrie Airport.  It looks like it's going to be a really great show this year.  I'll tell you more about that in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment