Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Big Three

photo by Naheed Nenshi, via Twitter
I'm borrowing this idea from Calgary's Mayor Naheed Nenshi (with his blessing). 

Some time ago, he made a challenge to all citizens in Calgary to do three things for their community, each year.  They could be small things, like picking up trash in a public area, or they could be larger contributions -- like joining a committee, or volunteer board in the community. Whatever they chose to do didn't really matter, as long as they did three.

I am challenging all of the folks in Beiseker to do the same: to do three things for their community during this year. 

It's April, and I know many of you have already done three things, and then many more.  For the others, my challenge stands! 

I think it's great now, but let's make Beiseker an even better place to live and work!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea, good luck with it. I will have to work on some ideas. For # one, I'm helping sell some Fire Dept raffle tickets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms. Morden,

    Thank you very much for helping sell raffle tickets. The Fire Department's firefighters and first responders really appreciate your help!

    ReplyDelete