Monday, April 15, 2013

Aggie Days 2013 a Banner Year!

Some of you were probably wondering where I was this last week. Every year, I volunteer my time to help out at Aggie Days at the BMO Centre in Stampede Park, in Calgary.

This year we had over 10,000 schoolkids, their teachers, supervisors, and parents come down for our educational program then last weekend more than 35,000 visited us for family fun days! I and about 200 other volunteers, mostly from rural Alberta, take time out to teach city kids a little more about Alberta's agriculture.  We try to show them exactly where their food comes from!

Aggie days 2013 was a banner year!  We milked cows, sheared sheep, thrashed and milled grain, harnessed horses, milk goats, and gave wagon rides. We taught them about draft horses, cutting horses, miniature horses, horse anatomy, horse shoes, and saddles.

It was a fun filled week but come Sunday, I was pooped!  I've recovered now!

No comments: