Saturday, March 30, 2013

Ralph Remembered

I was very saddened to hear of the passing of former Premier Ralph Klein.

Everything that could be said about Ralph has been said over the last few days so I'll keep my tribute short.

Ralph and I have known each other - very vaguely - since we were kids. We attended the same junior high school in Calgary.  Ralph and I often disagreed on policies and politics. We agreed to disagree but I always respected his dedication and his tenacity.

He was a man devoted to his community; first to his city then, to his province. Ralph perfected the "oops factor," often speaking what he was thinking. He was chastised by the media for this but I think we were all secretly agreeing with him, in one way or another!

Goodbye Ralph, we will miss you.

No comments: