Friday, January 6, 2012

The Station is Coming!

On Wednesday, January 11, the Bassano Railway Station is due to arrive in Beiseker!  The station was purchased by the railway museum here about two years ago.  The plan is to move it onto the newly built foundation on museum land south of DynAgra.  Contrary to past reports, it is unlikely that the power company will have to shut the power down in the whole village to get the station under the wires.  They may have to shut some lines off, but they will inform those affected.  I don't recall hearing a time schedule nor a route plan to get it here. 

We've been waiting for this move for a very long time.  For a while there, it looked like it would never get here!  Let's wish them good luck and a smooth move next Wednesday.  Everyone take lots of photos, too!

2 comments:

  1. Didn't I see the train station in Bassano still (as of mid-May 2012)? What's the scoop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! The Bassano train station is still in Bassano! The railway museum folks got a big thwack of money as a grant to move the building to Beiseker to become a centerpiece for their museum. A foundation was constructed and sits here waiting for the building. The moving company has been coming up with excuse after excuse as to why they aren't wheeling down the road with the station in tow.

      I know that the museum has made a fairly large investment in moving the building with basically nothing to show for it. I don't know what's going to happen. I promised I wouldn't comment on the station coming to Beiseker until I saw it rolling into town. So this is it! I'm not going to say anything more! Beiseker Councillor Fred Walters is a member of the Railway Museum. He might be able to tell you more. I'm done!

      Delete